Debre Guenet Abune Teklehaimanot Ethiopian Tewahdo Church is indivisible from the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo church, it follows the faith as well as beliefs, and implements the laws and orders, liturgy and cultural requirements of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo Church. The Church provides its sacramental and other services with one priest, one deacon, and two assistant deacons. The church sustains itself through the combined efforts and financial contributions of the followers of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo faith in Michigan and vicinity with the blessing of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church in the Archdiocese of New York, Northeast, Southeast and central United States of America. Currently, there are over 100 parishioners who attend major religious observances and up to 104 that are registered members.
The objective of the Church as published in bylaws
- To provide the necessary spiritual service to followers of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo Church in the area.
- To create and implement a spiritual, moral and cultural environment in which the children of the followers of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo Church in the area can be enriched.
- To organize and make available an opportunity for area residents to receive the teachings of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo Church.
- To make necessary efforts and preparation for the purpose of discharging apostolic duties expected of the church during times of emergency in the area and other places, and to the extent possible to participate in aid activities for our country and other places.
- To foster unity, trust and cooperation among parishioners.
- To provide Christening, Baptismal, Wedding and Final Rites in accordance with the tenets of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo Church